[KPhotoAlbum] Importing Canon raw files

Tero Tilus tero.tilus at jyu.fi
Tue May 9 04:48:37 BST 2006

2006-05-08 17:06, Shawn Willden:
> Ideally, I think if KPA has a choice of several versions of the same
> image, they should all be consolidated under one icon, and the
> highest-resolution of the available images should be used for the
> display.

This "folding" feature should be available also in the case I have
several slightly modified versions of the same image.  I would tell
KPA to treat (to a certain degree, which has to be negotiated
design-time, I think) the versions as one image.

Several questions remain open.  What is the exact concept of "image
version"?  How similar image versions should be expected to be?  What
properties these image versions share and what not?  How should these
versioned images behave when cofigured simultaneously or one at a
time?

My instant feeling is that image versions (set of images consolidated
under on icon and (mostly) treated as one) should be expected to be
immediately recognizable as being "the same image".  They should share
all configurable properties and be configured as one.  User should be
able to group images to create a versioned image (should properties be
merged somehow?), ungroup and modify them and select the displayed
version.  In some cases versioned images could be detected
automatically during import.

--
Tero Tilus ########### http://www.iki.fi/tero.tilus/
http://www.maahinkainen.org/ ## http://www.effi.org/