[KPhotoAlbum] 45 000 images & KPhotoAlbum speed on Athlon 1GHz

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Tue Jan 31 22:46:54 GMT 2006

I set the autosave interval to some 120 minutes and it makes the
program _on average_ faster.. So the issue is that saving takes a long
time - but also sometimes loading the search window or showing all
thumbnails or whatever.. I suppose this is because of the limited
memory capacity so so far I'm happy with KPhotoAlbum and blame my
computer..

Does any of you have this big database, some 45 000 photos or even
close, working OK?