[KPhotoAlbum] What'll 'convert backend' do?

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Tue Jan 31 22:49:12 GMT 2006

I've tried to find it at the manuals/tutorials but with no luck - and
no courage to try: what'll the 'convert backend (experimental)..' menu
option do..?

Have I understood correctly that it'll start using sqlite database
instead of the xml database file or will it use both?
Is/Should sqlite be faster than XML?

How do you get the information from the database in case you need it
WITHOUT KPhotoAlbum/KimDaBa (reading a XML file is
simple with any programming language - how's it with a sqlite
database..? XML is one of the main reasons I chose KimDaBa

Thank's!