[KPhotoAlbum] 45 000 images & KPhotoAlbum speed on Athlon 1GHz

Walter Francis wally at theblackmoor.net
Tue Jan 31 13:52:09 GMT 2006

On Tue, January 31, 2006 04:17, Martin H__ller wrote:

> Could it be that auto-saving makes kphotoalbum not respond? When
> (auto-)saving the gui stops responding for a while (about 20-30s on my 7k
> image DB). Try disabling auto-save and see if you can reproduce it.

No, it's something different..  Saving takes about two seconds on my system with 11k
images and Am64 with scsi drives.

It IS possible it's the autosave causing it to happen, but if so it's taking 20x the
normal amount of time to save it, and it doesn't always happen.  I have autosave set
to 5 minutes with 3 backups.  Compress xml is off, compress backups is on I think.

--
Walter Francis
http://khayts.us