[KPhotoAlbum] New snapshot - and freeze anouncement

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jan 16 00:27:03 GMT 2006

   From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>
   Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 19:21:23 -0500

   The first snapshot of KPhotoAlbum is available.

   I've decided to start freezing KPhotoAlbum up for the next release.
   Thus I'd appreciate if as many as you as possible starts using the
   snapshots so we can get as bug free a release out there as
   possible.

Does this fix the EXIF rotation problem, which I'm quite certain is a
problem with kimdaba/kphotoalbum in fileinfo.cpp:

int FileInfo::angle() const
{
    if ( !_map.contains(QString::fromLatin1( "Orientation" )) )
        return 0;

    int orientation =  _map[QString::fromLatin1( "Orientation" )].toInt();
    if ( orientation == 1 || orientation == 2 )
        return 0;
    else if ( orientation == 3 || orientation == 4 )
        return 180;
    else if ( orientation == 5 || orientation == 8 )
        return 270;
    else if ( orientation == 6 || orientation == 7 )
        return 90;
    else
        return 0;
}

What I've observed is that Orientation contains the correct string
value (e. g. "top, right"), but it isn't being mapped into an integer
(_map doesn't contain whatever it needs to contain).  Without this
being fixed, kphotoalbum is very difficult to use.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton