[KimDaBa] New snapshot with improved thumbnail viewer

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jan 12 14:50:54 GMT 2006

   From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>
   Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:22:00 -0500
   Cc: kimdaba at kdab.net

   On Thursday 12 January 2006 08:38, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
   |    From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>
   |    Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 00:47:28 -0500
   |
   |    Over the Christmas holidays I've reimplemented the thumbnail viewer.
   |    Read all about it on http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba/news.htm
   |
   |    A new snapshot is available with it, and I urge everyone to start
   |    using the snapshots. Due to an unfortunate amount of bugs
   |    introduced either by KDE, Qt or esp Suse, I'm planning to freeze
   |    soon and make a release.
   |
   | 1) The new thumbnail viewer overrides my color choice -- the
   |    background is always white (my normal background is black).
   There is no color choice anymore (*evil grin*)
   Color choice is IMHO an example of over configurability which just makes
   things harder to maintain.
   So if you want that back in, you gotta work real hard on it ;-)

But KDE already provides color choice for backgrounds; I'm simply
asking that you honor it.

   | 2) The new thumbnail viewer doesn't display the image name (unless
   |    it's actually being displayed in my normal text color, which of
   |    course is white).

   That is true too. I considered the text for a long time, and came to the
   conclusion that I wouldn't do it.

Why?