[KimDaBa] New snapshot with improved thumbnail viewer

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Thu Jan 12 14:22:00 GMT 2006

On Thursday 12 January 2006 08:38, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
|    From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>
|    Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 00:47:28 -0500
|
|    Over the Christmas holidays I've reimplemented the thumbnail viewer.
|    Read all about it on http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba/news.htm
|
|    A new snapshot is available with it, and I urge everyone to start
|    using the snapshots. Due to an unfortunate amount of bugs
|    introduced either by KDE, Qt or esp Suse, I'm planning to freeze
|    soon and make a release.
|
| 1) The new thumbnail viewer overrides my color choice -- the
|    background is always white (my normal background is black).
There is no color choice anymore (*evil grin*)
Color choice is IMHO an example of over configurability which just makes
things harder to maintain.
So if you want that back in, you gotta work real hard on it ;-)

| 2) The new thumbnail viewer doesn't display the image name (unless
|    it's actually being displayed in my normal text color, which of
|    course is white).
That is true too. I considered the text for a long time, and came to the
conclusion that I wouldn't do it.

Cheers
Jesper
--
Jesper K. Pedersen          |  Klarälvdalens Datakonsult
Senior Software Engineer    |  www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se