[KPhotoAlbum] Improved image viewer?

Martin Hoeller martin at xss.co.at
Mon Dec 18 07:45:25 GMT 2006

On Sunday, 17th December 2006 19:36 Jason Kivlighn wrote:

> > > Something as simple as this would be perfect:
> > > http://www.digikam.org/?q=system/files&file=images/im012.preview.png
> >
> > Good idea. But make sure to make it configurable.
>
> What options would you expect?

I meant turning it off if one doesn't like it.

However, thinking a bit more about it I'm not totally sure if disabling this
feature is necessary at all. What I want is a view where i only see my
images without any other information covering parts of the image (like the
infobox). But this new navigation widget would probably (hopefully) not
cover anything of the picture but just add widgets to the viewer window
which is probably a good idea (as jedd mentioned gwenview has a quite good
UI, have a look at it).

> > One thing i'm still missing in KPA is navigation in the image-viewer if
> > only one image was selected. There were suggestions before, to make the
> > viewer assume a selection of all images from the current browser-view
> > if none/only one was atually selected. Unfortunately noone implemented
> > this till now.
>
> Sounds like a really good idea to me too.  What do you mean that no one
> implemented this until now?

Some time ago people were talking about this feature. However it seems
nobody had time or interest in implementing it :-(

If every day just had a few more hours... ;-)

kind regards,
- martin
--
    mailto:martin.hoeller at xss.co.at  | Real programmers don't comment their