[KimDaBa] Bugs in image selection and hourglass cursor?

Eugen Dedu Eugen.Dedu at pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr
Wed Sep 28 15:43:28 BST 2005

Hi,

After looking at several image organiser applications I finally chose
kimdaba because it has the *same* functionalities I imagine about such
an application (thank you very much for kimdaba !  It's the only kde
application on my debian computer.)

I have found a few glitches in kimdaba:

1. In the thumbnails view, when I press on a thumbnail it opens the view
window.  So, in the thumbnails window, when I want to select several
images, I press somewhere (not on a thumbnail) in order to deselect any
selection.  Afterwards, I press on a space between two images and drag
the mouse in order to select the desired rectangle.  After that,
pressing the mouse right button opens the context menu but "Configure
All Images Simultaneously" is grayed, which is a bug (IMO).

2. Also, another question: How can I select all the images between two
images which are not on the same line in the thumbnails view (suppose
the first one is not at the left side and the last one not at the right
side)?  If I select the first image and shift-press on the second image,
it selects a rectangle, not from the very left side to the very right side.

3. Once the hourglass cursor did not change in the arrow cursor.  It
appeared if I remember correctly when the view window opened (=>
hourglass pointer) and I closed it before the image has displayed (=>
kimdaba forgot to change back to the arrow pointer).

4. This one is about kipi-plugins, maybe it's appropriate to contact
them.  After importing all my images, which were not rotated according
to orientation exif tag, I selected them all and chose
Plugins->AutoRotate...  I thought it will process only images which do
not have the right orientation (top-left), but I noticed that the size
of all the images has changed => kipi-plugins changed all the images.
Of cours, this is not the action I wanted.  Besides, it took a long time
to process all the images instead of the ones which needed rotation.

Thank you for kimdaba,
--
Eugen
http://lifc.univ-fcomte.fr/~dedu/