[KimDaBa] Bugs in image selection and hourglass cursor?

Martin Höller martin at xss.co.at
Wed Sep 28 15:57:28 BST 2005

On 28 Sep 2005, Eugen Dedu wrote:

> 1. In the thumbnails view, when I press on a thumbnail it opens the view
> window.  So, in the thumbnails window, when I want to select several
> images, I press somewhere (not on a thumbnail) in order to deselect any
> selection.  Afterwards, I press on a space between two images and drag
> the mouse in order to select the desired rectangle.  After that,
> pressing the mouse right button opens the context menu but "Configure
> All Images Simultaneously" is grayed, which is a bug (IMO).

Reproducible for me. Seems like a bug.

> 2. Also, another question: How can I select all the images between two
> images which are not on the same line in the thumbnails view (suppose
> the first one is not at the left side and the last one not at the right
> side)?  If I select the first image and shift-press on the second image,
> it selects a rectangle, not from the very left side to the very right side.

I'm afraid this is not possible at the moment (at least I didn't figure out how).

What I do is select the first of the images, hold the SHIFT key down and
use the cursor keys to go to the last image. Not very practical if you
have many many pictures but the only way I know.

> 3. Once the hourglass cursor did not change in the arrow cursor.  It
> appeared if I remember correctly when the view window opened (=>
> hourglass pointer) and I closed it before the image has displayed (=>
> kimdaba forgot to change back to the arrow pointer).

Also reproducible here. Seems like another bug.

> 4. This one is about kipi-plugins, maybe it's appropriate to contact
> them.

I don't use KIPI. Can't help on this one. Sorry.

- martin

--
    mailto:martin.hoeller at xss.co.at  | "We're going to have the best edu-
http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9926483  |  cated American people in the world."