[KimDaBa] Suggestion for multiple labeling?

Robert Story rstory-l at 2005.revelstone.com
Tue Sep 20 15:16:22 BST 2005

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:45:42 -0700 Wes wrote:
WH> What I like about it is that I temporarily assign a key 'r' for Robert

When you say 'assign', you mean in your mind, right?

WH> in a particular group of pictures, and then as I page through a full
WH> screen view I simply type r for every Robert picture.  It's much
WH> faster, IMHO, than using the configure-one-image-at-a-time browser
WH> because I can add a ton of tags to a bunch of images one click at a
WH> time.

I don't quite follow what you are saying... particularly 'one click at a
time'..

WH> For a long time I'd go backward and
WH> forward to the token list and manually select all images with ctrl-a
WH> and then ctrl-2 to select the people I wanted, or whatever, but I
WH> think the way I'm doing it now is much faster.

I assume 'the way' is use tags in kimdaba, then run your perl script to
convert the tags to the appropriate keywords/persons?

WH> I'll post these scripts publically if anyone is interested.

Sure...  The Wiki would be a good place for a brief description/link
(http://wiki.kdenews.org/tiki-index.php?page=KimDaBa). Have you tried the
Image::Kimdaba module? I'm assuming your script is a simpler one-purpose deal?

WH> [they also let you move pictures around using keywords or tokens, so
WH> you can move or copy all pictures of robert into a special sub
WH> directory or something if you need to.  The kimdaba database is much
WH> more flexible and preferable, but sometimes I do need specific things
WH> in particular directories for uploading, sharing, etc]

I hadn't gotten there yet, but have you tried the Export function? It looks
like it can do hard-links, which would seem to be good for export/sharing.