[KimDaBa] Rescan for images proposal

Marco Molteni molter at tin.it
Sat Oct 22 16:23:23 BST 2005

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 22:23:00 -0400
"Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk> wrote:

> Interesting idea.
> Still with ~6000 images here, it takes less than 2 sec to rescan.
> How long does it take for you, and how many images do you have?

I did some tests, and I have to say kimdaba's performance is more
that acceptable as is with my setup:

3212 images, 3.8 GB, 200 directories
start kimdaba: 10 sec (from a non KDE environment)
build database from scratch: 2 min 30 sec
rescan, cache warm or cold no difference, < 2 sec

running this test on FreeBSD -current, standard kernel,
standard UFS2 filesystem, soft updates, dirhash,
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ (2010.31-MHz 686-class CPU)
ad0: 190782MB <WDC WD2000BB-55GUA0 08.02D08> at ata0-master UDMA100

marco

--
He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself
without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine,