[KimDaBa] Main irritations in Kimdaba: Selections and serial configuration

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Mon Nov 21 13:13:07 GMT 2005

| Ok, so if you plan to add this new feature to kimdaba, please make sure it
| will be configurable. For example in the configuration dialog under the
| "options"-menu.
Seems like it is time to repeat what is generally know to the public of this
list.

Jesper (that is me) is a grumpy old man, who do not accept any _hacks_ with
new features from someone doing their first attempt at C++ programming ;-)

Please before wasting time on such new features, disscuss them with me, or be
prepared that I do not accept the patch.

Yes I know this sounds grumpy, but most often it takes me more time to apply a
patch with new features than it takes to implement the feature itself. (And I
have soo little spare time :-(

In addition, my bet is that only 10%-20% of the price of a feature is in its
initial implementation, the rest is maintanence later on.

Having said all this, welcome to the kimdaba comunity, in general I'm not
grumpy I just hate letting people down who have implemented a feature I dont
like much.

Jesper K. Pedersen          |  Klarälvdalens Datakonsult
Senior Software Engineer    |  www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Prinsensgade 4a st.         |
9800 Hjørring               |  Platform-independent
Denmark                     |  software solutions