[KimDaBa] Perennity of kimdaba database format

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Sun Nov 20 10:39:56 GMT 2005

On Saturday 19 November 2005 13:40, Martin Höller wrote:
| Hi!
|
| >     When googling about Kimdaba, it seems to me that one of the topic of
| > future devlopment concern a SQL backend... Very nice. But is the
| > index.xml hardly built today still usable in future SQL versions... This
| > question makes me a bit hesitating to begin indexing...
|
| I'm not (yet ;-) a kimdaba developer, but as Jesper wrote on
| http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba/news.htm the plans for the SQL backend are on
| ice at the moment.
|
| But if there will ever be one, I'm sure that either kimdaba would support
| conversion between both directly or their would be another tool for this.
| I'm not going to categorize my 6000+ imaged again ;-)
Well here is an even stronger indication that there need to be a smooth way to
go from one backend to the other, should the backend idea ever take off: *I*
have ~6000 images tagged myself, so *I* would need a way to convert
backend ;-)

Actually the code for converting from index.xml backend to SQL backend already
do work for SQL, it's just the rest that is kind of broken :-)

Jesper K. Pedersen          |  Klarälvdalens Datakonsult
Senior Software Engineer    |  www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Prinsensgade 4a st.         |
9800 Hjørring               |  Platform-independent
Denmark                     |  software solutions