[KimDaBa] Perennity of kimdaba database format

Martin Höller martin at xss.co.at
Sat Nov 19 12:40:38 GMT 2005

Hi!

>     When googling about Kimdaba, it seems to me that one of the topic of
> future devlopment concern a SQL backend... Very nice. But is the
> index.xml hardly built today still usable in future SQL versions... This
> question makes me a bit hesitating to begin indexing...

I'm not (yet ;-) a kimdaba developer, but as Jesper wrote on
http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba/news.htm the plans for the SQL backend are on
ice at the moment.

But if there will ever be one, I'm sure that either kimdaba would support
conversion between both directly or their would be another tool for this.
I'm not going to categorize my 6000+ imaged again ;-)

hth,
- martin

--
    mailto:martin.hoeller at xss.co.at  | Unix gives you just enough rope to