[KimDaBa] Latin1 filenames

Tuomas Suutari thsuut at utu.fi
Wed Mar 30 20:28:27 BST 2005

Hi

I've used KimDaBa few months and feel very pleased of it. :)

But since I use UTF-8 as my encoding (including filenames), I was
required to change some code to make it work correctly. There are some
places in code which assume filename encoding to be Latin1, which isn't
always the case. Those places can be found with
grep .latin1() *.cpp

I'm not entirely sure is it correct way to fix it, but at least for me
it works to replace those latin1() methods with local8Bit() methods. If
I understood correctly, local8Bit() would use local encoding regardless
of is it Latin1 or UTF-8.

I include a patch too. (diff -u to cvs version)

ps. Thanks a lot for this nice piece of software! =)

Tuomas Suutari | +358 50 3806983 | thsuut at utu.fi