[KimDaBa] Don't allow setting the label in multi-edit view?

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sat Mar 26 14:14:13 GMT 2005

   From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>
   Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 09:49:45 -0100

   On Friday 04 February 2005 01:27, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
   | The multi-edit (ctrl-2) view allows you to set the label of a
   | photograph, which doesn't make a lot of sense (change a lot of images
   | to have the same name?).  What's worse, this is the field that gets
   | the focus by default, so it's very easy to accidentally rename a lot
   | of images at once.

   Well I can't really make up my mind on this one.

   If I disabled this, how would you change the label of a number of
   images if you really wanted to? I did want to do that once a long
   time ago, but I don't even display the labels any more myself.

Normally I'd think you want the label to be unique, and use keywords
and descriptions to add more information.  At the very least, the
label shouldn't receive initial focus.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton