[KimDaBa] Really rotate the pictures ?

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Tue Mar 22 12:11:57 GMT 2005

   Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:30:23 +0100
   From: Jean-Michel FAYARD <jmfayard at gmail.com>

   For kimdaba 2.1, what about making an exception to Kimdaba's
   philosophy that it doesn't modify the original pictures, and really
   rotating the pictures.  It's a bit ugly at the moment for
   interoperability with other software or when you burn a CD.

My take: software that doesn't handle EXIF information is broken, and
needs to be fixed.  It isn't Kimdaba's problem that other software
can't handle this.  The rotation information is valuable, and IMHO
shouldn't be destroyed.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton