[KimDaBa] Feature req.: Specifying properties for images

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Mon Jun 13 20:00:50 BST 2005

Hi Chris, thanks for your dedication. I hope you enjoyed making the patch,
cause I'm afraid I'd have to decline it even without having looked at it.

As I've said several times on this list, I'm working on a plugable backend for
kimdaba (read SQL database backend), and therefore very much of the code is
changing.

SO ONCE AGAIN, EVERYONE SAVE YOUR ENERGY, and give me time to focus 100% on
these changes, I simply have no time to accept patches right now.

Please hold on to your patch, and feel free to make me a new one, once I've
merged my changes back into trunk (Head branch).

Applying your patch as it is now, would likely require me to change every
single line.

Thank you for your understanding
Jesper.

On Monday 13 June 2005 20:33, Chris wrote:
| Hi Jesper,
|
| attached to this reply you will find a patch describing what I meant. If
| you apply this patch to a 2.1 source tree, Kimdaba has the following new
| features:
|
| - In thumbnail view pressing the keys a-z toggles the token's states of
| the selected image(s). If more the one image is selected, it toggles the
| state of the first images and applies the result to all other selected
| images.
| - In the Options I added an new checkbox "Show Tokens in thumbnail
| view". If it is enabled, to tokens are shown below the images.
|
| For me it's useful because know I can select pictures by assigning
| tokens very quickly.
|
| Would be great if you could add it to Kimdaba :-)
|
| ('Cause this has been my first experience in programing C, please check
| my changes accurately!)
|
| Cheers,
| Christoph
|
| Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
| > | What I'm not sure how to do is remove the tokens en masse from a set
| > | of images.  It appears to be possible to delete a token altogether
| > | (with ctrl-2, then select Options... and Show Tokens; you'll get a
| > | list of tokens, and can then right click on the token of choice and
| > | delete it) but that will remove it from *all* images, not just the
| > | selected set.
| >
| > It is not possible to delete tokens from only some images. Why would you
| > want to do that anyway?
| >
| > Second, there also is a "delete tokens" from the "Edit" menu.
| >
| > Cheers
| > Jesper.

thousands of images?

http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba might be the answer.