[KimDaBa] KimDaBa snapshot available

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Fri Dec 30 11:09:09 GMT 2005

|    |    | 2) There are a number of things in the viewer (e. g. if I click
|    |    | on an image) that are extremely slow (take on the order of 30
|    |    | seconds on a 1.8 GHz processor with 1.5 GB RAM).  These appear to
|    |    | be related. If I right click on the image and click Show Folder,
|    |    | or click on the beach umbrella, the UI pretty much freezes for
|    |    | quite a while. I haven't tried to investigate this yet.
|    |    |
|    |    |    BTW, what does that beach umbrella icon do, anyway?
|    |
|    |    Jump to context. That is it opens the browser with the current
|    |    image centered.  I agree that takes a long time, better do some
|    |    profiling on that some time.  Feel free to help if you want to :-)
|    |
|    | That wouldn't apply to right clicking on the image, would it?
|
|    Right clicking on the image where? I dont see any delay neither in
|    the thumbnail viewer or in the image viewer.
|
| I'm sorry; right click on the image and then select show the folder.
Found the course of the problem - that is a hard to fix one, and boils down to
QIconView being so broken. Maybe this is the day where I replace it
comepletly.

|    Creating them is far from as slow as it was previously, which is
|    why I removed that option.
|
| It's still fairly slow for very large images (some of my images are
| 100 MB TIFF files).  It would be handy to have an option to create the
| thumbnails and then go off and do something else for an hour.
Darn, why do I have users, they are so difficult ;-)
I'll consider adding it back in there.

Jesper K. Pedersen          |  Klarälvdalens Datakonsult
Senior Software Engineer    |  www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Prinsensgade 4a st.         |
9800 Hjørring               |  Platform-independent
Denmark                     |  software solutions