[KimDaBa] two dumb questions

Martin Höller martin at xss.co.at
Tue Aug 16 09:58:08 BST 2005

On 16 Aug 2005, jedd wrote:

>  I think (but am not sure yet) that in the image-attributes dialog,
>  you shouldn't be able to add an image to a master-group -- they
>  simply shouldn't appear in the location/people/keywords area, and
>  you should only see 'normal' group names there.  I need to ponder
>  this one a bit more, though.
>
>  Do other people ever add pictures to master groups directly, or
>  only ever to 'normal' groups?

Yes I do!

For example I've got a master-group Austria with names of cities/places
where I often take photos. However, if it comes that I take a photo of a
place in Austria where I'm quite sure I won't go there again, there is no
point (for me) in adding a new location for this one photo. In this case I
just use the "description"-tag.

Not sure how others do this, but I wouldn't like to remove this feature
(using a master-group as a keyword) just because some don't use/like it.

And here is another vote for the feature-request in this thread!

- martin

--
    mailto:martin.hoeller at xss.co.at  | "Er ist Tod, Jim!"
http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9926483  | Doctor McCoy zu Cpt. Kirk, dem