[KimDaBa] two dumb questions

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Tue Aug 16 00:29:26 BST 2005

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 5:08 am, William Holland wrote:
 ] Nasty but effective:
 ]
 ] grep -v "Location=china" index.xml > index.xml.new

 I looked through index.xml and thought about doing this .. but
 wanted to keep a record of the group name as a normal group,
 just not as a master group, which was .. well, just not possible
 to separate elegantly.

 I'm pretty sure my original group was 'china' and I was making
 a new super-group of 'China', and now I'm thinking that maybe
 there wasn't a distinction between case and they ended up getting
 merged accidentally.  I'll go and test this again tonight I think.

 I think (but am not sure yet) that in the image-attributes dialog,
 you shouldn't be able to add an image to a master-group -- they
 simply shouldn't appear in the location/people/keywords area, and
 you should only see 'normal' group names there.  I need to ponder
 this one a bit more, though.

 Do other people ever add pictures to master groups directly, or
 only ever to 'normal' groups?

 Because *I'm* going to have a location assigned to every image I
 have, and every location is going to be a part of a member group
 (country), I'd be happy with a dialog that pops up whenever a new
 location is created that demands it be assigned to a member group
 immediately.  But, as I say, this is probably not the way that lots
 of people use KimDaBa .. and I've yet to come up with a really good
 reason why you should all change your usage patterns.  ;)

 Jedd.