[KimDaBa] Write EXIF date info to files?

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Fri Aug 5 03:11:58 BST 2005

   From: Florian Ehinger <florian at kflog.org>
   Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 11:57:52 +0200

   Hi

   >  KimDaBa takes the perfectly reasonable (IMHO) position of not
   >  touching your files .. ever!

   Well I think this is the most time a very good thing. But I think
   it would be also nice to write the exif data in the files if you
   really want it. I'm not only thinking about the time and date
   information but also about the whole other tags you can give in
   kimdaba. If it would be possible to write all this information
   directly in the files it would be much easier to interact with
   other programs.  Do you think it is easy to integrate such a
   feature?

As soon as there's even minimal ability to write to image files, the
risk of causing irreparable damage to the image goes way up.
Architecting the program to never modify image files under any
circumstances is an elegant decision; once there's any exception at
all to that rule, there's a lot more that has to be designed carefully
to ensure that data can't get lost.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton