[KimDaBa] Find duplicated images plugin & Kimdaba
rafabeccar at speedy.com.ar
Sat Sep 11 21:42:05 BST 2004
I run the following test for Find duplicated images plugin:
- I put two identical pictures in a database directory tree.
- I run Plugins -> Images -> Find Duplicated Images
- The pluing found the two identicals images. So it gave me the chance to
delete one of them.
- I choose to delete one of them.
- The images were deleted from disk but not from database.
- The thumnail is still there but it doesn't belong to any picture.
- In a big database is difficult to find where the deleted picture was and
delete it manually.
So, with this state of things, the "Find duplicated images plugin" is usefull
for saving disk space but not for having a cleaner database.
I know that's happening because plugins are not Kimdaba specific and they
don't know anything about the existence of a database. But may be, Kimdaba
could extend the plugin in some way, so it delete the images from disk and
from the database too. Well, I really don't know, is just an idea.
More information about the Kphotoalbum