[KimDaBa] KimDaBa 2.0 is released.

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Fri Oct 22 01:35:13 BST 2004

   From: jedd <jedd at progsoc.org>
   Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 00:53:35 +1000

    Have you done any comparisons on different file systems?  I don't
    have any ext2/3 fs's big enough to take my collection, everything
    else is reiser.  On this system (points laptop with 2.2ghz / 512mb
    / lethargic internal hdd) it takes 13 seconds from <return> to
    KimDaBa -- and that's with the fairly standard 5,400ish pics
    spread through 420 directories.

No, I just use reiserfs.

    4 seconds on the second run.

This is consistent with what I'm seeing.  It would be a worthwhile
experiment to eliminate the scan and see what it would do to startup time.