[KimDaBa] Re: frontend to help classify images (fwd)

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Mon May 24 09:36:28 BST 2004

Please send questions to the kimdaba mailing list, so other people get a
chance to help me answering user questions.

On Friday 21 May 2004 06:25, John at Vicherek.com wrote:
|  Hi Jesper,

| a look at your kimdaba - it's quite impressive !
|
|    It seems that it is quite close in many aspects to what
| I'm looking for.
|
|    For example, you already have the "hierarchical"
| classification, i.e. Locations you can specify hierarchy of
| country, state, city and then select at any level of
| specificity.
|
|    I was wondering whether there is a mode in which I use
| flag an image with Yes/No as I run through 5000 images, e.g.
| when SPACE is pressed, the image is flagged as No and next
| is displayed, when ENTER is pressed, the image is flagged as
| Yes and next is displayed.
This is something I've been thinking of myself (my context was that my
girlfriend wanted some of our images printed, so some way she needed to mark
some of them)
I haven't really found a good way yet, I would like it to be a bit more
general that yes marking yes/no.

The obvious thing would be that you could set some options for each image,
thus your yes above would translate into "add keyword yes".

I'd like to put this on the TODO list, but I'm afraid to say that I'm
overworked for the next release with getting KIPI working.

And as always, if you need a feature desperately for real business, you always
have the option of paying me to implement it.

Kind Regards
Jesper.

|    What would it take to develop such a mode ?
|
|    If you could comment please on my email below.
I'm afraid I dont have time to read the longer part, so let me know if my
answer above didn't completely answer what you need.

--
Jesper K. Pedersen          |  Klarälvdalens Datakonsult
Senior Software Engineer    |  www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se