[KimDaBa] Little problem with EXIF dates and orientation info

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Wed May 5 09:02:58 BST 2004

On Wednesday 05 May 2004 07:49, Neilen Marais wrote:
| Hi!
|
| A while ago I specified what I'd like from an image database with the
| view of writing one myself, but along came KimDaBa and fit the bill
| almost exactly! I'm having a couple of teething problems importing my
| database of ~4000 images though.
|
| I did not have the kdegraphics package installed when I did the first
| import of my images (I don't use KDE as my primary desktop, so I only
| have the minimum KDE libs installed), which means that none of my
| image's EXIF data was imported. Is there any way I can get kimdaba to
| rescan this info (ie. file date and orientation) without losing the
| several hours worth of metadata I have already entered?
Not yet, but I suggest you work a bit on Thomas Schwarzgruber
<possebaer at gmx.at> who most recently touch the code to add a read time info -
it would be a continuation of his work if he also did a read date info.

Otherwise please have a look at the archive someone fixed a similar problem by
temporarily changing one line of code in kimdaba sources.

Cheers
Jesper

thousands of images?

http://ktown.kde.org/KimDaBa might be the answer.