[KimDaBa] Import data

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Fri Mar 26 10:54:16 GMT 2004

Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:

>On Friday 26 March 2004 09:39, BOUCHARD Olivier wrote:
>| hi Jesper, hi u all
>|
>| I manage more than 2.000 pictures, 99,9% scanned...
>| I already have set comments into another MS software (J*ASC photo album),
>| and i'd like to switch the database to KimDaBa My comments are structured
>| so: filename, title, comment in a .txt file
>|
>| Have u any suggestions "howto" to get these informations into the KimDaBa
>| index.xml file ???
>Well my best suggestion would be to write a small application which read the
>original image and writes it in kimdaba XML format.
>
>If you are not a programmer, then try to put your data online, and cry for
>help here, maybe there is a fellow kimdaba user who has it in the same format
>and can help you, or simply are tickled by the challenge and does it.
>
>As a KimDaBa developer I'm not going to do this, as I find it (at least
>currently) of little use to KimDaBa in general, but as a professional
>consultant I might be able to write the script for you - should you choose to
>give me copyright to put the script online for other interested users, I'll
>gladly give you a decent discount. Sent me the file in a private email for an
>offer.
>
>Cheers
>Jesper.

Hi

I have just started writing some Python code that so far allows you to
import a kimdaba config script and write it out again.
This could be extended to allow you to build up a kimdaba config file
from scratch, and import stuff like this.
See my other message (on PyImdaba) for more details.

Cheers
David