[KimDaBa] Import data

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Fri Mar 26 08:58:23 GMT 2004

On Friday 26 March 2004 09:39, BOUCHARD Olivier wrote:
| hi Jesper, hi u all
|
| I manage more than 2.000 pictures, 99,9% scanned...
| I already have set comments into another MS software (J*ASC photo album),
| and i'd like to switch the database to KimDaBa My comments are structured
| so: filename, title, comment in a .txt file
|
| Have u any suggestions "howto" to get these informations into the KimDaBa
| index.xml file ???
Well my best suggestion would be to write a small application which read the
original image and writes it in kimdaba XML format.

If you are not a programmer, then try to put your data online, and cry for
help here, maybe there is a fellow kimdaba user who has it in the same format
and can help you, or simply are tickled by the challenge and does it.

As a KimDaBa developer I'm not going to do this, as I find it (at least
currently) of little use to KimDaBa in general, but as a professional
consultant I might be able to write the script for you - should you choose to
give me copyright to put the script online for other interested users, I'll
gladly give you a decent discount. Sent me the file in a private email for an
offer.