[KimDaBa] Re: Default layout, no selected images, removing properties, member-groups.

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Thu Mar 11 08:24:21 GMT 2004

On Thursday 11 March 2004 06:12, Jean-Michel FAYARD wrote:
> Just one precision, and one thing I forget.
>
> Jean-Michel FAYARD a écrit :
> > *** member-groups
> > they are not as easy as they could be. My user didn't use them.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > My solution to problems 1) and 2) : in the setting properties dialog
> > box, we could have for each category an entry box labelled <<add
> > selected items in group...>>. (the group is created if needed)
> >
> > With this solution, if I have a picture of 10 members of the family
> > Addams and two other persons, it's OK : I type the names of the members
> > of the family Addams, add selected item in group <<Family Addams>> and
> > then type the name of the two other persons.
>
> I'm not asking from an entry box in the bottom of the listbox.
> I think of two menu entries to the context menu of each listbox in the
> properties dialog  ("Add this item in group..." and "Add selected
> item(s) in group...")
>

> *** ability to delete in the viewer and in the properties dialog ***
> I take often poor pictures with my digital camera. When they are
> abviously bad, I delete them in the thumbnails view, but for the others
> the first time I detect they are bad is in the properties dialog or
> during a slideshow.
> If that's not too much work, it would be useful that the <delete> key
> works here too.
Thanks for your input.
I plan to take week 16 off for KimDaBa work, and I anticipate to look at all
the suggestions regarding the configuration dialog and try an get it better.

The item regarding deleting images is one I for sure will include, it has
annoyed me quite a bit too ;-)

thousands of images?

http://ktown.kde.org/KimDaBa might be the answer.