[KimDaBa] HELP: need info about translations

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Sat Jan 24 10:34:49 GMT 2004

Anyone not using a non english version of KimDaBa, or who do not know
anything about translation may stop here.

I'm struggling a bit with the Persons/Locations/Keywords listboxes in the
configuration dialog of KimDaBa.
First, are the titles translated at all?

Second, the current state of matters involves a lot of ugly code in
KimDaBa, that I'm afraid likely will break one day, so I've decided to do
it right.

This involves some magic that ensures that the index.xml which comes with
KimDaBa also is translated, I kind of know the way there.

However, I have two questions:
1) How do I get a .po file from my source code - I know this happens
automatically every night, but which command line must I execute to get one
right away?

2) second, Once I've translated a .po file, how do I get to see it in my
user interface? In other words, how do I get KimDaBa to speak, say Danish?

Thanks