[KimDaBa] new snapshot ready

Guy Zelck gzelck at tiscalinet.be
Wed Jan 21 20:35:14 GMT 2004

Hi Jesper,

I've made a new rpm for Suse8.2 of this build
(http://home.tiscali.be/guyzelck/Kimdaba/).
No problems during compilation (qt 3.2.3, kde3.1.4).
Checksumming of 8244 images on my 1.8GHz P4 with 512MB took 5 minutes.
My hdparm stats :
/dev/hdc:
 Timing buffer-cache reads:   128 MB in  0.57 seconds =224.56 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads:  64 MB in  3.37 seconds = 18.99 MB/sec

The 1st time I opened a collection of images the thumbnails were empy.
I changed the size from 64x64 to 32x32 and they appeared, I changed the
size back and the thumbnails remained ok.
The search function does NOT work at all. Choosing any of my previously
defined persons, places or keywords yields nothing!
Anything I do wrong?

Cheers,
Guy.