[KimDaBa] new snapshot ready

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Sat Jan 24 10:00:03 GMT 2004

Guy Zelck <gzelck at tiscalinet.be> writes:

| Hi Jesper,
|
| I've made a new rpm for Suse8.2 of this build
| (http://home.tiscali.be/guyzelck/Kimdaba/).
I'll put the binary next to the snapshots.

| No problems during compilation (qt 3.2.3, kde3.1.4).
| Checksumming of 8244 images on my 1.8GHz P4 with 512MB took 5 minutes.
| My hdparm stats :
| /dev/hdc:
|  Timing buffer-cache reads:   128 MB in  0.57 seconds =224.56 MB/sec
|  Timing buffered disk reads:  64 MB in  3.37 seconds = 18.99 MB/sec
Well this only happens the first time, right?
next time you start KimDaBa it should not recalc the checksums.

| The 1st time I opened a collection of images the thumbnails were empy.
| I changed the size from 64x64 to 32x32 and they appeared, I changed the
| size back and the thumbnails remained ok.
I've seen this from time to time without being able to easily reproduce it.
Often, going back and forth once solves the problem.

| The search function does NOT work at all. Choosing any of my previously
| defined persons, places or keywords yields nothing!
|
| Anything I do wrong?
This sounds very strange indeed, does the index.xml file look OK? You
didn't kill the program during a save, so that you only got half a file?

If you click on Persons, does all your persons show up, with the right
counts?

Cheers
Jesper