[KimDaBa] new snapshot ready

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Wed Jan 21 15:19:24 GMT 2004

As you might know this week is KimDaBa week for me - I've taken the week of
from work, so I can concentrate 100% on KimDaBa.
Therefore here is a new snapshot with a bunch of new things (see below)

I've fixed the reported build problems. I don't have a Qt 3.1.1 system, so
I can't promise that you wont see them again. I will, however, try my best
to get things fixed as soon as possible after I've broken them, so please
continue reporting errors.

I spent all day to day this far profiling the browser, so hopefully it will
be faster now. Unfortunately I couldn't see any difference because my
machines are pretty fast, so those of you with huge image collections
and/or slow machine, please let me know if my effort helped anything.
>From KCachegrind information, clicking on a given person/location/keyword
in the browser should now be 3-4 times faster than yesterday.

As usual the snapshots is available from
http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba/snapshots/

The Changes:

	* Thanks to Teemu Rytilahti <teemu.rytilahti at kde-fi.org>, KimDaBa
	will now offer themes when generating HTML.

	* Heavily optimized browsing functions. Not everything is
	hopefully lightning fast.

	* The thumbnail overview and the image viewer now has a menu item
	for invoking an external program on the images. The list includes
	all programs claiming they can handle image/jpeg from KTrader.

	* Implemented Maintenance/Display Images not on Disk

	* Implemented Maintenance/Recalculate Checksum (Useful if images
	has been change for example using gimp)

	* Implemented Maintenance/Rescan for new Images

	* Only do auto save if there has been changes since the last auto save.

Kind Regards

Jesper K. Pedersen          |  Klarälvdalens Datakonsult
Senior Software Engineer    |  www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Peder Skrams Gade 27 3. tv. |
6700 Esbjerg                |  Platform-independent
Denmark                     |  software solutions