[KimDaBa] Images are now shown in tool tips.

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Sun Jan 4 19:36:15 GMT 2004

Shawn Willden <shawn-kimdaba at willden.org> writes:

| On Saturday 03 January 2004 10:51 am, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
| > | I find that I often want to use a 64px thumbnail for scanning large
| > | collections, but I want to bump it up to 128px or even 256px to see
| > | more
 details of a given image.  I tend to take lots of pictures of a
| > | given scene in order to get a really good one, so sometimes I need to
| > | get a better view.
| >
| > OK, I'll give it a second though over night.
| >

| > | Another approach, which might even be better, is to have a feature
| > | that
 pops up a larger version (say, 256px), along with the other
| > | data, similar to what Konqueror previewing does.
| >
| > I'm not sure what you are referring to here, could you elaborate
| > please.
|
| Sure.  I'm not completely certain what you have to have turned on to make
| it work, but I think in Control Center -> KDE Components -> File Manager
| -> Previews & Meta-Data you need to:
|
| 1.  Check Local Protocol/file
| 2.  Set the Maximum file size larger than your image files are
| 3.  Check "Increase size of previews relative to icons"
|
| And in Control Center -> KDE Components -> File Manager -> Previews &
| Meta-Data you need to:
|
| 1.  Check Show file tips
| 2.  Check Show previews in file tips
|
| Most all of that is set by default, so I would think unless you've changed
| something, it should just work.
|
| Now open a local folder full of images using Konqueror, and put it in "Icon
| View" (View->View Mode->Icon View).  Then hover your mouse over one of the
| image icons.  What should happen is that a large tooltip box pops up with
| a larger view of the image on the left and information about the image on
| the right (including EXIF data!).
|
| Sorry if I belabored that unnecessarily, but I wanted to be clear.
Seems like its xmas still.
You featute request is completed.

Here's the ChangeLog entry:
        * The tool tip for the thumbnail view now contains an enlargement
        of the image. In addition the tool tip needs to be disabled,
        rather than it automatically hides. The tool tip window will
        temporarily hide when the mouse is outside the thumbnail view.
        The placement of the tool tip window is now improved, so it
        doesn't get partly of screen.