[KimDaBa] configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1 (20021021)) (library qt-mt) not found.

Guy Zelck gzelck at tiscalinet.be
Sat Jan 3 20:47:21 GMT 2004

Hello all,

I was trying to create a rpm package for SuSE 8.2 and had to compile
several times. This succeeded but I had rpm related problems.
All over sudden I couldn't even get past the configure stage with the
above error while nothing had changed on my system.
I have all the necessary components of qt but I can't make configure
pass this test nomatter what I specify as arguments to qt!
The config.log isn't making me any wiser and the configure script is one
of the most cryptic things I've ever seen.
These are the concerned qt & kde packages I have :

qt3-3.2.3-0
qt3-devel-3.2.3-0
kdelibs3-devel-3.1.4-35

The configure cmd I used is :

  $ ./configure --build=i386-suse-linux --prefix=/opt/kde3
--datadir=/usr/share --exec-prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib
--with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt3 --with-qt-includes=/usr/lib/qt3/include
--with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib/qt3/lib --disable-rpath --disable-debug
--enable-mt --enable-shared --disable-static --disable-objprelink
--with-pic --with-gnu-ld --disable-embedded --enable-fast-install=yes
--with-xinerama

As you can see I use all possible pointers to qt3 but it still can't
find it. There's sth. not logical happening here. This drives me up the
wall!

Does anyone have any inside into this?

Thanks,
Guy.