[KimDaBa] configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1 (20021021)) (library qt-mt) not found.

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Sun Jan 4 10:31:03 GMT 2004

Guy Zelck <gzelck at tiscalinet.be> writes:

| Hello all,
|
| I was trying to create a rpm package for SuSE 8.2 and had to compile
| several times. This succeeded but I had rpm related problems.
|
| All over sudden I couldn't even get past the configure stage with the above
| error while nothing had changed on my system.
|
| I have all the necessary components of qt but I can't make configure pass
| this test nomatter what I specify as arguments to qt!
|
| The config.log isn't making me any wiser and the configure script is one of
| the most cryptic things I've ever seen.
|
| These are the concerned qt & kde packages I have :
|
| qt3-3.2.3-0
| qt3-devel-3.2.3-0
| kdelibs3-devel-3.1.4-35
|
| The configure cmd I used is :
|
|   $ ./configure --build=i386-suse-linux --prefix=/opt/kde3
| --datadir=/usr/share --exec-prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib
| --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt3 --with-qt-includes=/usr/lib/qt3/include
| --with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib/qt3/lib --disable-rpath --disable-debug
| --enable-mt --enable-shared --disable-static --disable-objprelink
| --with-pic --with-gnu-ld --disable-embedded --enable-fast-install=yes
| --with-xinerama
|

| As you can see I use all possible pointers to qt3 but it still can't find
| it. There's sth. not logical happening here. This drives me up the wall!
|

| Does anyone have any inside into this?
I wish I could help you, but the configure script is written using the
program called cvs2dist, which is the tool for packing it all up.

What I normally do myself in the above situation is to run the configure
script like this:
  sh -x configure ...

that will show you exactly the script tries to do.

Hope that helps.