[KimDaBa] configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1 (20021021)) (library qt-mt) not found.

Guy Zelck gzelck at tiscalinet.be
Sun Jan 4 18:09:26 GMT 2004

Hello Jesper,

Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:

>Guy Zelck <gzelck at tiscalinet.be> writes:
>
>| Hello all,
>|
>| I was trying to create a rpm package for SuSE 8.2 and had to compile
>| several times. This succeeded but I had rpm related problems.
>|
>| All over sudden I couldn't even get past the configure stage with the above
>| error while nothing had changed on my system.
>|
>| I have all the necessary components of qt but I can't make configure pass
>| this test nomatter what I specify as arguments to qt!
>|
>| The config.log isn't making me any wiser and the configure script is one of
>| the most cryptic things I've ever seen.
>|
>| These are the concerned qt & kde packages I have :
>|
>| qt3-3.2.3-0
>| qt3-devel-3.2.3-0
>| kdelibs3-devel-3.1.4-35
>|
>| The configure cmd I used is :
>|
>|   $ ./configure --build=i386-suse-linux --prefix=/opt/kde3
>| --datadir=/usr/share --exec-prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib
>| --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt3 --with-qt-includes=/usr/lib/qt3/include
>| --with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib/qt3/lib --disable-rpath --disable-debug
>| --enable-mt --enable-shared --disable-static --disable-objprelink
>| --with-pic --with-gnu-ld --disable-embedded --enable-fast-install=yes
>| --with-xinerama
>|

>| As you can see I use all possible pointers to qt3 but it still can't find
>| it. There's sth. not logical happening here. This drives me up the wall!
>|

>| Does anyone have any inside into this?
>I wish I could help you, but the configure script is written using the
>program called cvs2dist, which is the tool for packing it all up.
>
>What I normally do myself in the above situation is to run the configure
>script like this:
>  sh -x configure ...
>
>that will show you exactly the script tries to do.
>
>Hope that helps.
>Jesper.

I had done that already in my effort to solve things but nothing usefull
could be learned from that except for the configure error number.
I found however that it has sth. to do with the state my server (P4 -
1,8GHz, 512MB) is in after running all day and after several compile
attempts. Maybe it's running too hot.
It issues these ilogical and kind of insane errors when compiling. The
solution is to re-boot.

So, this morning when booting up my server, I could compile again
without problems.
I've made a binary and source rpm of 1.0.1 for SuSE 8.2 which I can send
to you if you're interested.

When installing the binary rpm it complained about libGlcore.so.1 (part
of the NVIDIA GLX driver) which it couldn't find in the rpm database.
This is normal since the lib was installed using NVIDIA's install script
and not via an rpm. So, just installing with --nodeps is recommended here.

I've tested with your demo, nice, and it seems to run OK.

I've just know started it up pointing it to ~/MyImages where all my
images are (in a number of subdirs per subject) and it made groups of
100 images (I've got 8200 of them) regardless of sub-dir. I hope I can
still re-order them accordingly.

Thanks for the fine program which will no doubt still evolve for the better.

Cheers,
Guy.