[KimDaBa] New snapshot ready - please test

Rafael Beccar rafabeccar at speedy.com.ar
Sun Feb 8 20:55:22 GMT 2004

El Sáb 07 Feb 2004 18:32, Jesper K. Pedersen escribió:
> OK, we are almost there, KimDaBa release 1.1 will be next Thursday.
>
> So now its time for all you guys to make your contribution, please download
> the latest snapshots from http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba/snapshots/
> and try it out, and report any problems you see.
>
> I also changed the program used to generate the packages with, so please
> let me know if there are any problems with unpacking and compiling.
>
> Kind Regards
> Jesper.

Hi again,
I looked better and I found the following issues:

When I try to Generate HTML I get the following:
	Couldn't find any themes - this is very likely an installation error

When I try to Run Kimdaba Demo I get the following:
	Couldn't find kimdaba/demo/index.xml. This is likely an installation error.
Did you remember to do a 'make install'? Did you set KDEDIRS, in case you
didn't install it in the default location?

I found I had permission problems:
$ ls -l /usr/share/apps/kimdaba
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         3087 sep  7 14:07 default-setup
drwx------    3 root     root         4096 feb  8 16:13 demo/
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root         4096 dic 20 15:07 icons/
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         3733 abr 28  2003 infobox.js
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1393 ene 25 12:40 kimdabaui.rc
drwx------    2 root     root         4096 feb  8 16:13 pics/
drwx------    3 root     root         4096 ene 31 14:11 themes/
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         4163 feb  3 20:27 tips

So, I did:
$chmod -R 755 /usr/share/apps/kimdaba/themes
$chmod -R 755 /usr/share/apps/kimdaba/demo

Generate HTML works now, but 'Run Kimdaba Demo' is still giving me troubles.
It says:
Unable to make symlink from
'/usr/share/apps/kimdaba/demo/CategoryImages/Keywords-beers.jpg' to
'/tmp/kimdaba-demo-rafa/CategoryImages/Keywords-beers.jpg'

I haven't found how to solve this. I am running Mandrake 9.2 under msec 5
(paranoid security mode). I am almost sure this problem is related with my
permissions too.
NOTE: I had the same problem with the previous releases of Kimdaba (with the
exception of the one I installed trough mdk.rpm).

Greetings,
Rafael