[KimDaBa] timelines - ideas needed

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Thu Dec 9 08:02:15 GMT 2004

Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:

>Hi.
>Yesterday I added a patch to KimDaBa which shows which dates there are images
>for in the image date search dialog.
>
>This made me think about the issue of searching for images from a given date
>(or period) As someone so honestly pointed out here earlier, that really
>sucks in KimDaBa.
>
>Even with the above patch it isn't really very powerfull.
>
>I expect to take tomorrow of from work, and give it a shot, so here is an
>assignment for you today.
>
>Tell me what you want from such a "search for images based on dates" dialog.
>Fell free to send me screenshoots from "competing" products.
>
>Cheers
>Jesper.

I'd find a calendar that visualises how many photographs there are per
day helpful.
Say the background color for each day in the month / month name was
shaded according to the number of photos on that day.
This is because I'll often have a whole batch of photos clustered around
an event (wedding / party) or trip, and that's usually what I'm trying
to select...

I also think it would be helpful to select the start and end date from
the same calendar rather than two (click and drag to select)

David