[KimDaBa] timelines - ideas needed

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Thu Dec 9 08:24:14 GMT 2004

I'll try once again.
Can we get ambition up here. DREAM MODE ON!

Here is an example:
I'd like a line where I could see samples from each period and how many images
was in that period. A period could be a day, a week, a year, 12 days, what
ever (some fancy way of dragging the mouse to zoom in out).

Just hit me with the best you could dream of, and I'll scale it down
afterwards to something doable in KimDaBa with my work load etc.
In other words, it is your jobs to dream now, and my job to convert those
dreams into something that is doable.

On Thursday 09 December 2004 09:02, David Fraser wrote:
| Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
| >Hi.
| >Yesterday I added a patch to KimDaBa which shows which dates there are
| > images for in the image date search dialog.
| >
| >This made me think about the issue of searching for images from a given
| > date (or period) As someone so honestly pointed out here earlier, that
| > really sucks in KimDaBa.
| >
| >Even with the above patch it isn't really very powerfull.
| >
| >I expect to take tomorrow of from work, and give it a shot, so here is an
| >assignment for you today.
| >
| >Tell me what you want from such a "search for images based on dates"
| > dialog. Fell free to send me screenshoots from "competing" products.
| >
| >Cheers
| >Jesper.
|
| I'd find a calendar that visualises how many photographs there are per
| day helpful.
| Say the background color for each day in the month / month name was
| shaded according to the number of photos on that day.
| This is because I'll often have a whole batch of photos clustered around
| an event (wedding / party) or trip, and that's usually what I'm trying
| to select...
|
| I also think it would be helpful to select the start and end date from
| the same calendar rather than two (click and drag to select)
|
| David

thousands of images?

http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba might be the answer.