[KimDaBa] 1.0.1 debian woody pkg (and dist problems)

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Mon Dec 15 23:07:54 GMT 2003

Hi,

I've created apt-get'able kimdaba 1.0.1 pkg (and sources). See:

	http://www.mpe.mpg.de/~ach/debian/Pkgs.php

I hope nobody gets unresolved dependencies due to my extensiv
use of unofficial woody repositories.  Success/failure stories
welcome.

Jesper: during pkging I noticed the following:

o kimdaba used the xdg_appdir to install it's desktop file.
  Therefore KDE < 3.2 does not find it.  Do you know what's
  the right way to install the desktop file for KDE 3.1*.
  Right now I override xdg_appdir on the make install cmd line.

o 'Tip of day' does not have focus when kimdaba is started
  (click to focus policy).  Please give it the initial
  focus so dialog can be closed with simple return, with-
  out the need to first click into it.

o po/<lang>/kimdaba.gmo files

	these files are (regenerated) during make (but not
	deleted during make distclean :( ).

	make[4]: Entering directory `/home/ach/tmp/kimdaba-1.0.1/po/pt_BR'
	rm -f kimdaba.gmo; /usr/bin/msgfmt -o kimdaba.gmo ./kimdaba.po
	test ! -f kimdaba.gmo || touch kimdaba.gmo
	Making all in .

  can you exclude them from future kimdaba tar balls?

o README:
	well, pretty generic?  How about adding some blurbs about
	home page, mailing list etc,

o extragear.kde.org
	still refers to 1.0 not 1.0.1

Achim