[Konversation-devel] Frequent disconnects when using SSL

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Mon Mar 11 16:49:04 UTC 2013

On Monday 11 March 2013 12:15:36 Greg Martyn wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> I looked for a konversation-users mailing list, but this seems to be the
> only one. Let me know if I'm in the wrong place..

you're in the right place.

> What are the next steps for me to diagnose this? I just downloaded and
> installed konversation from git. Is the SSL backend configurable? Is it
> using OpenSSL? Can I use GnuTLS instead?

I've talked to Qt SSL guru Richard Moore about this (CC'd here), and he
says there's not much to go on without knowing the GnuTLS version on the
server side. The 'TLS packet with unexpected length' error suggests
corruption on the record layer.

Qt uses OpenSSL and doesn't support GnuTLS.

> Thanks,
> Greg

Best regards,
Eike Hein