[Konversation-devel] Re: Moving konversation.kde.org/wiki into Userbase

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Mon Jul 25 02:58:52 CEST 2011

Since MediaWiki apparently can't do it by itself, I've written
a short Python script to automate the task of adding all pages
below "Konversation/" to one's watch list - find it attached.

It uses the simplemediawiki API library that's packaged in Fedora
and Debian and probably others. You need to fill in the user and
password at the top.

I also recommend checking the "Expand watchlist to show all
changes, not just the most recent" checkbox in the MediaWiki
watchlist preferences as otherwise it didn't actually show
some recent changes to me. Disabling the display of own edits
is also useful. Note that it can produce an Atom feed of your
watchlist that's nice to use in Akregator.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein