[Konversation-devel] Feature request for konversation

Juha Tuomala Juha.Tuomala at iki.fi
Wed Dec 13 10:42:45 CET 2006

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 11:25, Eike Hein wrote:
> - http://bugs.kde.org/ is the official bug/wish
>   tracker.

Acutually, I've been using that quite a lot, but for
some reason I mailed you directly, perhaps more (or less)
coffee is needed. :-) And as such, bugzilla is quite a sea
of info and things tend to get buried there - which is
of course no excuse for not using it. I'll post this there
later today and let people add votes for this.

> > 1. I would move a lot of things to a menu 'View' which

> We have pondered the same.

Nice to hear that :)

> > 2. How about implementing an 'autofocus' feature?
> Note that Konversation already has the feature of
> inserting a remember line into a chat window when
> it is hidden by switching to a different tab or
> window.

Ah, yes, it's there. Switched that on. :) Making old
text dimm/gray as it does when you restart would be
also visually expressive. But I'm also happy with the
line :)

> As for following multiple channels at once, we in-
> tend to provide the ability to detach tabs from
> the main window in a future version of Konversation.

Yes, that's a one solution - but it eats a lot of
desktop space. I have konversation 'on all desktops'
so can't really do it. Whatever I'm doing, I can see
it at the bottom of the window what's going on. If I
would have those - now seven - windows open, it would
take one desktop fully and thus I can't stick it to
the all desks. So I would rather use autofocus if
I would have an option to do so.

Anyway, thanks for considering :)

BR,

Tuju