[Konversation-devel] Feature request for konversation

Eike Hein kde at eikehein.com
Wed Dec 13 10:25:29 CET 2006

Juha Tuomala wrote:

> Hi, I like the program a lot and use it constantly.
> Thank you for programming it, it's appreciated a lot :)

We're glad you like it :-).

> Couple thoughts:

Please note that we provide the following facilities
to provide feedback, as for new features and talk to
the development team:

  good place for a development-related chat.

- http://bugs.kde.org/ is the official bug/wish
  tracker.

I've CC'ed this reply to the mailing list.

> 1. I would move a lot of things to a menu 'View' which
>    doesn't exist at the moment. That's where people expect
>    to find related items.

We have pondered the same.

> 2. How about implementing an 'autofocus' feature?
>
>    It would be something what would always change to the
>    channel tab where would be activity. Then you would be
>    able to follow few channel silmultaneously without touching
>    the whole program. Of course, some kind of delays would
>    be very important here and perhaps 'seen text dimming'
>    or the 'seen text limiter line' from xchat. That helps you
>    to see what was the previous text you saw at last time on
>    that channel.

Note that Konversation already has the feature of
inserting a remember line into a chat window when
it is hidden by switching to a different tab or
window.

As for following multiple channels at once, we in-
tend to provide the ability to detach tabs from
the main window in a future version of Konversation.

--
Regards,
Eike Hein, hein at kde.org