[Konsole-devel] Query about installing the latest Konsole on my RHEL system

Mun Johl Mun.Johl at Emulex.Com
Mon Jun 8 22:34:27 UTC 2009

Hi Robert, Matthew,

Thanks for your replies.

My experiences (although limited) with RHEL5 have mirrored what Matthew
mentioned regarding old bits.  In a past effort to install a certain
program, as I started updating libs I dug myself such a big whole that I
had to re-install to get things cleaned up.  It turned out the program I
was trying to get running was in fact operational--but other system
utilities broke after my updates.  I've used unix for many years--and
this was my first such experience.  Sigh.

I was hoping that maybe just updating konsole wouldn't be quite so
involved; but alas, I think I had better wait until RH supports a newer
version of KDE.

Thanks for the feedback!

--
Mun