[Konsole-devel] Text selection w/ mouse-aware apps

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 11:17:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, Robert Knight wrote:

>> I wonder what the difference is between our environments.  What
>> distribution are you using?  What is the version of konsole and mc?
>
> I am using Ubuntu Jaunty, midnight commander is the version which
> comes with Jaunty (4.6.2-pre1) and Konsole is KDE trunk (pre-4.3)
> compiled from source, as is the whole of Qt/KDE desktop.  I tested
> with the Ubuntu-provided version of Konsole as well (KDE 4.2.2) and
> could not reproduce the problem.  I tried launching mc:
>
> - By running 'mc' in an existing shell
> - Starting a new Konsole window from the terminal using "konsole -e /usr/bin/mc"
> - Creating a new profile which runs /usr/bin/mc when it starts
>
> Did you change any other options other than the command when you
> created your midnight commander profile?  Can you try running mc from
> the stock profile which Konsole ships with.

I would have to guess that the problem stems from something in Qt/KDE
itself, since your newer build does not exhibit it.

As I stated originally, my konsole did NOT HAVE a preexisting profile for
mc.  And, yes, I thought that was a bit odd.

Since other folks are having the same problem, I guess I'll just wait and
see if the Ubuntu maintainers can fix it.  In the meantime, I'll just run
mc in an rxvt window (select works fine there).

Steve