[Konsole-devel] Text selection w/ mouse-aware apps

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 11:47:14 UTC 2009

> I would have to guess that the problem stems from something in Qt/KDE
> itself, since your newer build does not exhibit it.

As I said, I tested both with the current trunk build and the version
of Qt/KDE that ships with Jaunty so I'm wondering if it only happens
with certain configuration options.  Can you attach a copy of the
profile, it will be located in ~/.kde/share/apps/konsole (that might
be ~/.kde4) and will be called <Profile Name>.profile

> Since other folks are having the same problem

Is that everybody using Ubuntu Jaunty (with the KDE they provide) or
just a handful out of people though?

> As I stated originally, my konsole did NOT HAVE a preexisting profile for
> mc.  And, yes, I thought that was a bit odd.

That is expected, Konsole only includes a single plain shell profile
out of the box in KDE 4.

> I guess I'll just wait and see if the Ubuntu maintainers can fix it

The Ubuntu KDE maintainers don't usually have time to investigate
low-priority bugs
like this because of the volume of work they have, especially ones
which not everyone can reliably reproduce,
unless there is something action-able like a patch attached to the
report or a clear, reproducible description of the issue which can be
forwarded upstream.

Regards,
Robert.