[Konsole-devel] Text selection w/ mouse-aware apps

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 08:59:25 UTC 2009

> I wonder what the difference is between our environments.  What distribution are you using?  What is the version of konsole and mc?

I am using Ubuntu Jaunty, midnight commander is the version which
comes with Jaunty (4.6.2-pre1) and Konsole is KDE trunk (pre-4.3)
compiled from source, as is the whole of Qt/KDE desktop.  I tested
with the Ubuntu-provided version of Konsole as well (KDE 4.2.2) and
could not reproduce the problem.  I tried launching mc:

- By running 'mc' in an existing shell
- Starting a new Konsole window from the terminal using "konsole -e /usr/bin/mc"
- Creating a new profile which runs /usr/bin/mc when it starts

Did you change any other options other than the command when you
created your midnight commander profile?  Can you try running mc from
the stock profile which Konsole ships with.

Regards,
Robert.